Sunday, January 20, 2013

" I am kissing you......"

"One regret, dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed Is that I did not kiss you enough!" Hafiz- Sufi poet


        The creative process of keeping an online journal, much like life, is the journey and not the destination. My greatest enjoyment comes from actually researching a subject, quote, poem, person or photo and wondering where it will lead. There is a bit of mad scientist mixed with film producer in all of us. When I review my search engine results before submitting a blog I usually laugh out loud. Examining what thought lead to this thought and lead to the next thought is fascinating. Then you realize at certain rare moments you're not "thinking" at all. You are doing. You are creating. The path to the posted page is far more interesting than the page itself. Having complete creative control and freedom is a great empowering feeling. Being able to express ourselves is essential to our true nature. We are all creative beings. There are times when the seemingly unsolvable problems of the world completely overshadow beauty in our lives. The beauty is always there. Much like the clouds obscure our vision of the moonlight, criticism and negativity eclipse creativity and awareness. But the clouds always pass. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment