Wednesday, July 23, 2014

"And when I'm dreaming, I know that it's all right."

"I'm letting all these feelings out even if it means I fail,
 Cause this is what I was meant to do and you can't put that on sale."
-"Back to the Shack"  Weezer




          Everything Will Be Alright in the End,  is available for pre-order right now before being unleashed worldwide September 30th. Weezer's lastest  release was produced by former Car's creator and musical mastermind, Ric Ocasek. http://www.weezer.com/   Ahead of the premiere date the band will play a series of North American shows beginning on July 24th. Check their website for more details.
      Weezer will be performing live on The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon on Wednesday, July 23rd, 11:30pm EST.
      Like their catchy riffs and stick- in- your- head lyrics the cover for Everything Will Be Alright in the End is as unique as the band.  In a Radio.com interview, Weezer's guitarist front man and vocal virtuoso, Rivers Cuomo explained the artwork:
        “Right now, all I can say is that there’s something about the vibe of that painting that really appeals to me where it’s kind of terrifying and it’s kind of endearing and cute at the same time, It’s right on this line, this edge between scary and funny which I think is appealing to me. I think Weezer has been on that line for a lot of our career.” 
      Artist Chris McMahon has been gaining a steady following after designing a set of landscape paintings featuring these magnetic monsters.
 See more of Mc Mahon's work here: http://twistedsifter.com/2014/05/adding-monsters-to-thrift-shop-paintings/

     Yes, life in general is definitely walking on the edge between scary and funny. But in the end, listening to Weezer allows us to tolerate a few more memorable minutes each day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment