Thursday, November 29, 2012

Timeless.......

“Music . . . can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable.” ― Leonard Bernstein

     How do you feel when you absorb your favorite song deep under your skin? Does it penetrate your soul? Has a song ever invoked tears of pain or joy? What images are projected onto the movie screen of your mind as harmony and melody perfectly blend you to eargasm? Does your heart swell and your stomach ache when you hear sounds so alluring and beautiful it can only be described as etheral? Music has both the power to physically energize and soothe our body, mind and heart. Music is a language written on silent waves of universal energy. It is the wordless power which connects all of humanity. A poet arranges language to stir emotions, an artist strokes canvas or clay, the dancer paints with movement but the musician creates empathy with the color and texture of sound. You not only hear music, you touch, smell and taste sound. Albert Einstein once revealed, “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.” Music is timeless. Music is a necessity of life for without it what kind of life could we tolerate? Now go and listen to your favorite song or musical composition and feed your soul. Be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment