Monday, February 24, 2014

"let life be like music and death a note unsaid.."

" I have lived through many wars and have lost everything many times- including my husband, my mother and beloved son. Yet life is beautiful, and I have so much to learn and enjoy. I have no space nor time for pessimism and hate." - Alice Herz- Sommer


     "Music Saved My Life"- Alice Herz-Sommer,  who is believed to be the oldest Holocaust survivor, has died at the age of 110. On Sunday, February 23rd, 2014, her death was announced by a family member  in London, England where she resided. Herz-Sommer was an accomplished pianist whose death came a mere week before her incredible life story of surviving two years in a Nazi prison camp through an inspiring devotion to music and her young son is nominated for an Oscar.


       Alice Herz-Sommer is the focus of "The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life" a short documentary film directed by Malcolm Clarke and Nicholas Reed. The film is expected to win in their category. The Academy Awards ceremony will air on ABC, March 2nd.



                             


                              
     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment